How To Dry Brush Your Body
Dry brushing is a simple and easy-to-practice technique that does not require you to invest a lot of time, effort, or money. You just need to purchase a dry brush made of natural bristles and a long handle so you can easily reach different parts of your body and brush them. Here is a detailed guide on how to dry brush your entire body.
Dry Brushing Your Body
1. Get naked and lie down in your bathroom, stand, or even sit down on a seat.
2. Hold the brush in your right hand and very gently slide it along the right jaw beginning from the earlobe to the side under your chin. Do this 5 to 7 times. If it seems weird or a little harsh to you, start with 2 to 3 times.
3. Now move the brush to the hairline at the back of your neck and softly pull it around your neck’s right side towards your Adam’s apple 2 to 7 times depending on your level of comfort with the brushing.
4. Hold the brush at your neck’s bottom and gently bring it around the neck to the right side and then downwards along the right collarbone. Move it between your collarbones about 2 to 7 times.
5. Using very gentle strokes and in a circular motion, move the brush towards your breastbone to stimulate your thymus gland; do this 2 to 7 times.
6. Gently brush your right breast 2 to 7 times.
7. Repeat the steps above on the left side of your body.
8. To activate your pituitary gland, take the brush and move it on the back of the head, close to your neck’s base. Now rock it upwards and downwards and on both your sides about 5 to 10 times. Once you get used to it, move it 14 times on your back.
9. Holding the brush in the right hand, move it towards your left armpit. Move it counter clockwise about 2 to 7 times and then clockwise for another 2 to 7 times.
10. Repeat this on your right armpit as well.
11. Now move the brush upwards about 2 to 7 times from the upper right thigh towards your right armpit.
12. Practice these steps on your left side now.
13. Now move the brush gently back and forth over your belly and belly button all around your waistline 5 to 10 times.
14. Move the brush in circular motion across the belly button- 2 to 7 times in a clockwise direction and then for the same number of times in a counter clockwise direction.
15. Finish brushing the front part of your body beginning from the bottom and moving all the way up for about 5 to 10 times. If you are a woman, keep the pressure gentle and low while brushing your genitals and breasts because the skin at these parts is sensitive and if irritated, can turn red and blistered.
16. Move the brush upwards and downwards on your spine moving from the neck’s base and as far down as possible for about 5 to 10 times. The long handle is needed for brushing your back side.
17. Finish brushing your back by stroking the sides.
18. Now move the brush towards your tailbone and go as high up as you can; brush the area 5 to 10 times.
19. Stroke the sides of lower back.
20. Now move towards your feet and legs. Start by brushing your right ankle and moving upwards to the right knee. Brush your entire leg and move towards your heart.
21. Move towards your right groin and rotate the brush 7 times in a clockwise direction and 7 times in an anti-clockwise motion.
22. Now repeat this step with your left groin and with your left leg and thigh.
23. Brush your right foot moving the brush from the toes towards the ankle about 5 to 7 times.
24. Next brush the bottom of the right foot for about 7 times
25. Practice these two steps with the left foot as well.
26. Move towards your arms and brush upwards from your right elbow towards your shoulder and armpit about 2 to 7 times.
27. Move the brush from the right wrist towards your elbow the same way about 2 to 7 times.
28. Repeat these two steps with your left arm and wrist as well.
29. Now move towards your hands. Start with the right hand and gently brush the junction between your index finger and thumb on the side of your palm for about 7 to 14 times
30. Brush the right palm moving from your wrist to fingertips back and forth for about 7 times.
31. Practice these two steps with your left hand as well.
32. Once you have thoroughly brushed your entire body, take a warm shower, making sure put soap onto soap your whole body. Stay in a warm shower for about 3 to 5 minutes and follow it with a quick 20-second cold rinse. Do this 2 to 3 times to relax and rejuvenate your skin. If the repeated shift from hot to cold shower feels intense, shower with only warm or cool water as you feel comfortable.
NOTE: You can move the brush in a head-to-toe direction or in the toe-to-head direction too; the direction does not matter much. The important thing is to brush the whole body. Keep the strokes long and sweeping so that you move the brush smoothly along your body. Practice this procedure 4 to 5 times a week or if you can, do it daily to keep your skin fresh, healthy, and glowing.