How to Clean Your Feet with a Pumice Stone
Hard calluses and layers of rough skin build on your body especially your heels because of the accumulation of dead skin cells. Here is an effective procedure to clean your feet easily so they look nice and clean all the time.
1. For this process, you need a medium-sized pumice stone, a towel, liquid body soap and a moisturizer.
2. Pour warm water in a small tub and add in liquid body soap to create a foamy solution.
3. Soak both your feet in for 20 to 30 minutes or one by one for 15 minutes each foot.
4. Take the pumice stone and very gently rub it on your feet, one by one. Make sure to keep the pressure firmer when using the stone to rub your heel. This scrubs off the layers of dead skin cells accumulated on the heels.
5. After a few minutes of scrubbing your feet, rinse them with cool water. Wipe the feet dry with the towel.
6. Massage both your feet with a light foot cream or lotion. Wear cotton socks afterwards to ensure the moisture locks in.
While you can practice this method at any time of the day, doing it at night is better so you do not dirty your feet and can give them enough time to rest well. To enhance the effectiveness of this procedure, you can also soak your feet in a vinegar and Listerine solution.
Pour two cups of water, preferably warm water, into a tub and add 1/4th cup of Listerine and white vinegar each. Stir the mixture well and soak your feet in it for 15 minutes. Use a loofah or pumice stone to scrub your feet to eliminate dead skin cells so that your feet become soft and clean.
To benefit from all the practices described above, you need to make them habitual. To do that, set reminders and practice these techniques after engaging in activities you already habitually practice. For instance, if you shower every night, you can brush your body before that. If you jog daily, you can brush your body after jogging followed by a bath or shower. This helps you nurture habits of these procedures and make them constants in your routine.